Friday, November 21, 2014


                                OVERJOYED

Just knowing God is present and the promises He brings
lifts me up and gives me courage... to pray, to worship, praise and sing.

For He covers and protects me, shielding me from the wind and rain
and His love is never-ending, it heals and soothes troubles, grief or pain.

Oh, how grateful I am just knowing how much God truly cares for me
His Word directs me down the right path, His grace and mercy sets me free.

Every time I think about His goodness, every moment I draw near
I'm reminded just much He loves me and He should always be revered.

God is always there when I need Him; through each struggle, trial and storm
He wraps His loving arms around me, while He keeps me safe from harm.

He tells me that if I just trust Him, everything will be alright
but I must never take my eyes off Him, so that He's ALWAYS in my sight.

God speaks to me and gives direction, so when I start to stumble, trip or fall
I listen closely for His voice and He will bring me through it all.

I know that God delivers and that His love fills every void
and that is why my heart is grateful and I'm truly overjoyed! ♥










2 comments:

Tamarra said...

Beautiful Poem, Deb...inspired by the Holy Spirit!!

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of a Psalm. So good and so true ��