Thursday, August 25, 2016



 I had the honor and the pleasure of being asked to present at the 19th Missouri Institute on Minority Aging Conference, this week.

 I prepared and performed a monologue about a woman who sees her reflection in the mirror and faces the reality of not always recognizing the person who is staring back at her. 

This year's theme for the conference was:
 “I SING THE BODY ELECTRIC: CELEBRATING THE ME YET TO COME”
I was inspired by another guest speaker during an evening session, and was led to write an additional piece to share, here it is.....


I sing the body electric, regardless of my age
and I celebrate this life I've lived, with the turn of every page.

For I know that I was chosen to encourage and to love
and everyday, I strive to be more like my Heavenly Father up above.

I am grateful for God's promise that is woven in my heart
and He designed a plan and purpose for me, right from the very start.

Whatever time that I've been given...whatever goals that I've achieved
I know that I must tell the world, that God is Good and I believe.

I plan to celebrate my journey...I want to live life without fear
I will sing the body electric, throughout the rest of my blessed years.

No comments: