Tuesday, February 14, 2017

VALENTINE'S DAY 2017

To My David,
A poem to express my love...
MY FUNNY VALENTINE!
Our friendship goes so far back...
I can't recall the day
we discovered we were meant to be ....
we 've sure come a long way.
We began as next door neighbors...
and attended the same schools
I watched you hang out with your friends...
pretending to be cool.
But then I got to know you...
from the porch swing where we talked
we spent hours laughing about many things...
we even shared our dreams and thoughts.
I vividly remember asking God to answer my specific prayer...
it was to place my soulmate in my path...
not realizing then...that YOU WERE already there.
We've been through a lot together...we vowed "In sickness and in health"
you've stood beside me through health challenges...
your love is valued more than wealth.
I call you, "My Knight in Shining Armor"
you STILL warm my heart and make me smile...
you will forever be "My Funny Valentine"...
you've made the journey SO worthwhile!
I LOVE YOU DAVID!! ❤
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL!! ❤

1 comment:

Norma J Lenac said...

This is beautfiful Debora.....you sure have a talent for a heartwarming story. Geez..praying to the Lord for someone who was right in front of your eyes....the great thing about that is that you recognised it and didn't let him go!! You don't have to put this on your site I just wanted to relate to you how I enjoy your blog so much!!