Tuesday, November 24, 2015


I learned a valuable lesson today!  I became frustrated while working on a project that I am really enjoying. I like it so much, that I have been putting in extra planning time to ensure that nothing is missed and the final presentations go well. What I discovered today was that, even though I want the project to go off, without a hitch, there are other people and factors involved and there are no guarantees that the final result will be as I expect. I mentioned my frustration to a friend, who confirmed the fact that...I was not in control and then, I began to chastise myself about doing 100%, when it may not make a difference.  Then it came to me....no matter what anyone else does OR what factors may stand in the way...God wants ME to always give my very best... and He gave me the heart to do so.  Today, I am grateful for a heart to give my very best!


November 24....

I'm grateful God gave me a heart to give my very best
when things get tough, I seek God's help and He will do the rest

There is no need to worry, there is no need to fret
When I look to God and cling to Him, there will be no regrets.

God has great expectations, that when I trip and fall
I'll stand right up and brush myself off,
because He's my all in all.

There are times throughout my journey that I'm challenged by the world
when the enemy attempts to bring me down and his fiery darts are hurled.

But because God is my salvation and He guards me from the dark
His Word fills me with abundant light, that developed from a spark.

I'm so grateful that God loves me and I know that I am blessed
I'll continue to strive to do all I can, to give God my very best!
#55AndAliveAGratefulPlaceToBe ❤
#30DaysofGratitudeThroughPoetry



No comments: