Thursday, November 26, 2015

I recently came across a video on social media that gave an illustration of Christ cleansing man of his sins.  Because I desire to know Christ more and more and studying His Word is an important part of that process, I understood right away, what the illustration depicted. I smiled and shouted out a hardy AMEN!

I then decided to scroll through the comment section, because I just knew that I would see a great deal of other people expressing their enthusiasm about the powerful message relayed in the video. But what I discovered, was an eye-opener!  I saw an overwhelming amount of negative comments about the one who saved us from ourselves...Christ!

 I was saddened by what I read and did not stay there long...but it was long enough for me to ask myself, "Have I been living in a box?" I mean, I am fully aware that there are a large number of people who don't know Christ and don't believe in God, but seeing so many negative comments on one post, was way over the top!

I shared my discovery with my family and told them that I felt like I was totally out of the loop when it came to my revelation, but while talking with them, I had a "lightbulb moment!" Because I seek God more and I am growing in His Word, the circle of people that I associate with are ALL believers and that group appears to be "larger than life" to me. And because I'm not traveling in circles with those who choose not to believe, that places the non-believers in a smaller circle, which gives off the appearance that there are less and less of them!  Scripture tells us that we should surround ourselves with Godly people...

Proverbs 13:4 says, "He who walks with the wise grows wise." And Paul writes in I Corinthians 15:33, "Bad company corrupts good character." You eventually become like the people you spend the majority of your time with, so it is important to surround yourself with godly people who will lead you closer to the Lord.
 So, on the 25th day of my gratitude poetry journey, I am grateful to God for giving me spiritual eyes to see and appreciate the significance in changing my circle!!

November 25...

God, I'm grateful for all that you have given me
and for your precious gift of spiritual eyes to see.

These eyes guide me through the ups and downs
and manuever me from "the lost" in crowds.

Thank you for the like-minded people that you've placed along my path
and for steering me from the ones full of hatred and wrath!

God, you've given me discernment, truth, grace and free will
and it's your plan that I choose to follow and fulfill.
#55AndAliveAGratefulPlaceToBe ❤
#30DaysofGratitudeThroughPoetry




No comments: