Friday, November 27, 2015

Our Thanksgiving Celebration yesterday, was lovely! The entire day was energized by meal preparation, great conversation, picture taking, eating, laughing, reminiscing, and giving thanks to God through prayer!

Even as the end of the evening drew to a close, there were still lots of things to do before the night was over...putting food away and cleaning up the kitchen to name a few! It was definitely a very busy day and we were tired!  Today was a much  different story!  My husband prepared breakfast for everyone and we just kind of "eased" into our day, relaxing and enjoying having little to do! Movies were watched and naps were taken.

 There were actually plans for attending a live jazz performance this evening, but after hearing a few coughs and sniffles in the room, it quickly became obvious that we all were in need of a little more rest!

 So, on the 27th day of my gratitude journey, I am writing about how grateful I am for God's gift of healing and restoration. I receive these gifts, when I am obedient to His Word and I stop and rest!!

Psalm 62:1-2 “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”


November 27...


God, I'm thankful for the gifts that come from learning how to rest
when I'm obedient and practice this, I'll always be my best.

Resting promotes healing and restores what busyness breaks down
and time away from all the madness
brings peace in knowing you're around.

Your Word tells us, that when we lie down we should not be filled with fear
and that our sleep will be much sweeter
because you are always near.

God, I don't want to take for granted what  there is to gain from rest
it can heal, restore and refresh my soul, so that I can give my very best!
#55AndAliveAGratefulPlaceToBe ❤
#30DaysofGratitudeThroughPoetry










No comments: