Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sometimes it's hard to believe that life has gotten so busy, that there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to make a few, quick phone calls to check in on those we love.

We look around and weeks...months and in some cases, years pass and we've lost connections with the very people that hold a significant place in our lives and in our hearts! The more time that passes, the harder it seems to reconnect, because we each have taken on new interests, new friendships, new directions and yes, even new troubles!  It becomes difficult to wade through our individual life-changing moments and focus on what may have been lost due to time, distance and distractions.

 This week I was determined to reach out to several friends and family members whom I had been thinking of, but had not spoken to in a while.  During at least three of my conversations,  I lost connections with the other party.  Two of the calls were made from my cell phone and were dropped for no apparent reason and the third was from my landline phone which simply just shut off!!

 After reconnecting with each person, we discussed how odd the lost calls were and we laughed as we each found humor in the fact that we were both screaming into our phones, in order to reconnect and be heard.  Are you wondering where I'm headed with this and how it relates to my daily poem of gratitude?  I'm so glad you asked!!   ;-)

This scenario made me think about how challenging communicating with others can often be...but I am truly grateful that the lines of communication between God and I are ALWAYS open and accessible!

Nov. 21...

Lord, I'm thankful that you want to hear from me; I know you have a listening ear
and I love to capture moments when you speak, because your voice is loud and clear.

I'm grateful there are never disconnections and no fears of a dropped call
in your Word you made a promise, that you would be there through it all!

Lord, I love that you are always there to  listen and there's no need for me to yell
and as I get to know you more and more,
it's clear my needs are known, before I tell.

Lord, I'm grateful for discernment and to recognize when it is you
giving me guidance and direction
and not the world's tarnished point of view.

Lord, I'm so thankful that I know you and I can trust that if I fall
that you are never "out of service" and will answer when I call.

God, I'm thankful that we're connected, and nothing or no one can divide
the great relationshhip I've built with you
and the love I have for you inside!
#55AndAliveAGratefulPlaceToBe ❤
#30DaysofGratitudeThroughPoetry


No comments: